14 Wareham Rd
Our walks are designed specifically to meet the needs of people with dementia and their carers.
These walks will:
- Be led by volunteers who have attended dementia and walking for health training.
- Have a higher volunteer to walker ratio to accommodate participants walking at different paces.
- Be in an accessible location away from busy roads, in a nice green space.
- Be short and over flat terrain.
- Incorporate a sensory aspect and additional time for participants to stop and take in their surroundings.
Our dementia walks are designed to reduce isolation and loneliness as well as increasing social interaction, combined with a fun activity such as walking.
Dementia walks take place every Tuesday at 10:15. Meet at BH Live.